Was part of the bucks party experience and I can honestly say that everyone had a great time. Lauryn and Russell were fantastic in every way. Super friendly and hospitable people with a touch of cheekiness made it a great day. Great tuition as well from people who know what they are doing.
An Event to Remember
15 Guests & the Buck Shoots Free
Pick a Day, Time, & Place
A Proper Send-Off!
Enjoy a fun-filled shooting experience run by expert clay target shooters. The session will start with a safety briefing before jumping into a 10-target practice session to get you warmed up and used to the equipment. Then, we’ll start the 20-target competition where you’ll get the chance to shoot a variety of targets – both singles and doubles. We’ll provide the prizes and the chance to grab a spot on our Leaderboard. Check out our optional extras such as catering, drinks, transport, and entertainment below to make this unique Buck’s or Hen’s party idea one to remember!
Price - Werribee & Brisbane
From $109 per person
- 1-2 people: $495 per group
- 3-4 people: $209 per person
- 5-6 people: $199 per person
- 7-8 people: $175 per person
- 9-10 people: $169 per person
- 11-14 people: $165 per person
- 15-24 people: $155 per person
- 25-50 people: $139 per person
- 50-80 people: $109 per person
Note: more than 15 guests and the Buck shoots for free!
- Weekdays: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Weekends: set times of 9 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM, or 2:30 PM
- Thursdays: 10 AM – 5 PM
- Fridays: 12 PM – 5 PM
- Saturdays: set times of 9 AM, 12 PM, or 2:30 PM
- First Sunday each month: set times of 9 AM, 12 PM, or 2:30 PM
Enquire for upcoming Werribee session dates & times
Enquire for upcoming Caboolture/Brisbane session dates & times
1 – 3 hours (depending on group size)
1 – 80 persons (larger group sizes can be organised on request)
- Ages 12+
- No experience required
- No firearms license required
- All equipment, ammunition, targets, and safety gear
- Full safety briefing
- Instructor with one-on-one tuition just for your corporate group
- Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Awards for best lady and team can also be arranged on request
Any optional extras such as transport and catering, which come at an additional cost. Find full pricing details and options below.
What to bring
- Please wear comfortable clothing and closed shoes
- Strictly no singlets, camouflage gear, or thongs
- This is an outdoor activity so please ensure you dress weather appropriate
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat are also recommended
- If you wear corrective lenses for distance please bring them
Expert tuition from an experienced shooter & coach
Bar tabs can be arranged in advance or on they day. To be consumed after the shooting activity. NO alcohol can be consumed prior to or during the shooting activity. Bar tabs with alternative alcohol options can also be arranged upon enquiry.
Bus transportation to and from the venue.
If you or your group is looking to shoot more, you can add one of the following options to your package:
- Enhance your skills of clay target shooting with an additional 10 target warm-up session
- Add 10 targets to the competition to make it a 30-target event
- Add five more doubles (two targets at once)
- Allow an additional 30 minutes to get through the additional shooting
Perfect for a Buck’s group. After the shooting experience is complete, the Buck and/or Winner will get the opportunity to shoot an additional 10 target event where the stakes go up. For each target hit, our stripper will take off a piece of clothing – guaranteed! She will also give her show following the strip shoot.
Included in this package are 2 beers per person as well as passes into one of the best strip clubs in Melbourne, Men’s Gallery. Allow an extra 30 minutes for this extra.
We enforce a strict ZERO BLOOD ALCOHOL & DRUG policy. No alcohol or drugs are to be consumed before or during the activity. Any suspicion of any consumption of alcohol will result in the participant not being able to handle a firearm. At most venues, bar facilities are available after the activity.
We will do our best to ensure that the day is enjoyable regardless of the weather. If it is pouring rain or there is lightning we will take a break until the harsh weather passes. Otherwise, we encourage you to wear weather-appropriate clothing to ensure you feel as comfortable as possible during your experience.
Comfortable clothing that is weather appropriate. It is advisable to wear flat, closed-toe shoes. No singlets, thongs, or camouflage clothing can be worn. If you wear corrective lenses for distance, it is beneficial to use them during the activity. We recommend you bring a hat and sunglasses. Jackets with big collars are discouraged as they make mounting the shotgun into the shoulder difficult.
All shooting is undertaken within the confines of an un-inhibiting safety cage. All firearms are loaded and unloaded by a qualified instructor. There has never been an accident at any of our events. All safety equipment such as safety glasses and ear protection is provided.
Being the original clay target shooting events company in Australia, we have a vast amount of expertise. We pride ourselves on providing a Gold Medal experience. One of the many ways that we do that is through the target presentation. For example, at our Werribee range, we shoot over 11 different traps at 6 different stands, which provides a presentation suitable to all ability levels.
There is a minimum age limit of twelve years. Gender is no limitation. Females have on many occasions out-performed their male counterparts during the competition section of the activity.
No firearms licence is required. No previous shooting experience is needed although we do cater to all levels of ability. In some states, a temporary police firearms licence form will need to be filled before the activity. This may require you to show proof of ID (i.e. a Driver’s License).
All the firearms are current Beretta 12 Gauge shotguns. Beretta is widely recognised as the best firearm manufacturer in the world. Some of the guns used during the events are the actual firearms used by Russell and Lauryn in their Olympic and Commonwealth Games competitions. Their value ranges from $3,000 to $35,000 per shotgun. We use low recoil competition target ammunition.
All of our days begin with a firearm safety instruction briefing and then a basic practical demonstration on how to hold a firearm and shoot some relatively easy clay targets. As the day progresses, more difficult shots are introduced. With a team of Olympic, Commonwealth, or National elite instructors assisting you, you will be provided with top class instruction.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page!
See What Our Guests Are Saying
I attended this activity as a team-building event that was held as part of our management summit. I wasn’t looking forward to it as I didn’t think I would like it. Turns out I had a great time and the staff are really friendly and great with people who have no idea what they are doing. Managed to hit some clay targets too!
I went to the Queensland branch for a bucks a few days ago and the entire experience was amazing!!! We had a great instructor helping us all along and all the staff were friendly and welcoming. As a group we went from not being able to hit a single shot to hitting fairly consistently towards the end of the session!!
Highly recommend clay shooting if you haven’t tried it. Plenty of fun! I organised a corporate event through Lauryn Mark and my customers thoroughly enjoyed it.
You May Also Like...
Melbourne Bucks Party
Melbourne Bucks Party Idea: Book an Event at Go Shooting
Are you planning a Melbourne bucks’ party and looking for something out of the ordinary? There are always the traditional buck party ideas: Beer, food, possible strippers, and the like. However, if you’d like to plan something a little different (or looking for a fun activity to add to a full day of celebrating), consider booking your event at Go Shooting. Clay target shooting is an exciting and competitive activity that your whole group will love.
Benefits of Considering Shooting as One of Your Bucks’ Day Ideas
While shooting may not be your idea of a classic bucks’ party, it can still be part of the special day you put together for your best mate. Shooting clay targets is an absolute blast – you, the guest of honour, and all your friends will be talking about it for years to come. Here’s what you’ll love about making shooting one of your bucks’ party activities.
- It’s cost-effective. Nothing you do with your group will be free, but shooting is a very reasonably priced activity. Especially when you have a larger group, and you split the cost of a bucks’ day package among you, each person will pay a very affordable rate to enjoy hours of one-on-one instruction, friendly competition with their mates, and plenty of target practice (extra targets are always an option).
- It’s customisable. Not only is shooting a unique way to celebrate the guest of honour’s upcoming nuptials, it’s also an utterly personalisable activity for your group. Choose your date, time, and location, and then decide how else you’d like to customise your experience. You can have a shorter or longer session and a group of any size. Make it your own with beer, transportation, catering, or other options – how about a strip shoot, where a beautiful girl takes off an item of clothing for every target hit? The sky’s the limit when you plan your party with us.
- It’s just as much fun for the ladies. We talk a lot about bucks’ parties, but the truth is that shooting clay pigeons is just as much fun for hen’s day, too! We welcome and encourage female shooters and offer the same packages that we provide their male counterparts. A shooting package would be a truly unique way to celebrate your or your friend’s impending big day, whether you make it one-stop on an extended itinerary or the main focus of the festivities.
What You Should Know About Our Bucks’ Party Packages
If you’re looking for unique bucks’ party ideas, you’ve come to the right place. We can help you give your mate a proper send-off with a fun-filled shooting experience – one of the best bucks’ party ideas we can imagine. Here’s what you should know about booking a bucks’ (or hens!) event with us.
- What it is: At your event, you and your guests will enjoy an exciting opportunity to shoot 30 clay targets out of the sky – 10 to warm up and 20 competitively. You’ll shoot a variety of targets, including singles and doubles. We’ll provide prizes as well as the chance at a spot on our Leader board. We also offer. Optional extras to make your bucks event even more memorable, such as drinks, catering, transport, and entertainment. We can accommodate groups of any size – if 15 guests attend, the guest of honour shoots for free.
- What’s included: The price of your bucks party includes everything you need to enjoy the experience. We provide all equipment, ammunition, safety gear, and targets, as well as a complete safety briefing. Your group will benefit from one-on-one coaching with a qualified instructor. We offer awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place shooters and will be happy to arrange other awards on request, such as “Best Lady” and “Best Team.” You can also add optional extras if you’d like, such as additional targets, transportation for your group, and – of course – celebratory beers for you and your guests (to be consumed after shooting).
- What to bring: We’ll provide all the equipment you need to shoot, so don’t worry about that. Be sure to dress appropriately, as this is a year-round activity, do check the weather forecast and dress accordingly. Always wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes. No camouflage, singlets, or thongs are permitted. We recommend sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat for your comfort and protection. Finally, if you require corrective lenses for distance, be sure to bring them.
Related Services We Provide to Bucks’ Ideas in Melbourne
If you’re looking for bucks’ ideas, we have you covered – but we offer much more than that, too. Some of our other offerings include:
- Discover Package. Our Discover Package is the ideal choice for first-time shooters who wish to try out shooting without making a significant financial commitment. Participants receive a full safety briefing and one-on-one instruction, and a 10-target warm-up followed by a fun 10-target competition.
- Have a Go Package. Our “Have a Go” Package is our most popular option. It’s the perfect experience for clients who want to shoot more targets. We include all equipment, ammo, safety gear, and targets, so all you need to bring is yourself. With an experienced instructor and a safe environment, we guarantee you’ll hit a target.
- Corporate Package. This option is not your average corporate event. Are you looking for a great team-building activity? Taking everyone out shooting is an excellent way to show your appreciation for your employees – or entertain clients, improve team morale, or just let everyone relax and have some fun.
About Go Shooting
At Go Shooting, we offer a range of products and services, including clay target shooting, online coaching, bucks’ and hens’ parties, corporate events, “have a go” events, and more. Since 1999, we have been passionate about making shooting accessible to a wide range of people. We love introducing new folks to the sport and focus on customer education. We are the original clay shooting company, boasting unmatched experience and knowledge. Contact us today to schedule your event.