Took my family to experience trap shooting – well organised, relaxed, safe, and excellent instruction for all the inexperienced shooters. Especially supportive of the female shooters, and having a female instructor was an additional bonus.
A Minimum of 30 Clay Targets
Our Most Popular Package
Perfect for those looking to have a go, with an expert instructor in a safe environment, we guarantee you’ll hit a target!
As our most popular experience, we’ve created this ‘Have a Go’ package to meet the demand of our clients asking to shoot more targets. All equipment, ammunition, targets, and safety gear included so all you need to bring is yourself!
Maximum 24 people
- Ages 12+
- No experience required
- No firearms license required
- Practical 10-target warm up with instruction from an experienced shooter & coach
- Fun 20-target competition (8 singles and 6 doubles)
- There will even be prizes on offer
What to bring
- Please wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes
- Strictly no singlets, camouflage gear, or thongs
- This is an outdoor activity so please ensure you dress weather appropriate
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat are also recommended
- If you wear corrective lenses for distance please bring them
1 instructor per 8 participants to ensure you get the most out of the experience
Have a Go for Yourself!
Practical 10-target warm-up followed by a fun, 20-target competition (8 singles and 6 doubles)
Full safety briefing from an experienced shooter & coach
All the gear and expert tuition provided to ensure that you get the full clay target shooting experience
1 instructor per 8 participants to ensure you get the most out of the experience
Guaranteed to hit a clay!
We enforce a strict ZERO BLOOD ALCOHOL & DRUG policy. No alcohol or drugs are to be consumed before or during the activity. Any suspicion of any consumption of alcohol will result in the participant not being able to handle a firearm. At most venues, bar facilities are available after the activity.
We will do our best to ensure that the day is enjoyable regardless of the weather. If it is pouring rain or there is lightning we will take a break until the harsh weather passes. Otherwise, we encourage you to wear weather-appropriate clothing to ensure you feel as comfortable as possible during your experience.
Comfortable clothing that is weather appropriate. It is advisable to wear flat, closed-toe shoes. No singlets, thongs, or camouflage clothing can be worn. If you wear corrective lenses for distance, it is beneficial to use them during the activity. We recommend you bring a hat and sunglasses. Jackets with big collars are discouraged as they make mounting the shotgun into the shoulder difficult.
All shooting is undertaken within the confines of an un-inhibiting safety cage. All firearms are loaded and unloaded by a qualified instructor. There has never been an accident at any of our events. All safety equipment such as safety glasses and ear protection is provided.
Being the original clay target shooting events company in Australia, we have a vast amount of expertise. We pride ourselves on providing a Gold Medal experience. One of the many ways that we do that is through the target presentation. For example, at our Werribee range, we shoot over 11 different traps at 6 different stands, which provides a presentation suitable to all ability levels.
There is a minimum age limit of twelve years. Gender is no limitation. Females have on many occasions out-performed their male counterparts during the competition section of the activity.
No firearms licence is required. No previous shooting experience is needed although we do cater to all levels of ability. In some states, a temporary police firearms licence form will need to be filled before the activity. This may require you to show proof of ID (i.e. a Driver’s License).
All the firearms are current Beretta 12 Gauge shotguns. Beretta is widely recognised as the best firearm manufacturer in the world. Some of the guns used during the events are the actual firearms used by Russell and Lauryn in their Olympic and Commonwealth Games competitions. Their value ranges from $3,000 to $35,000 per shotgun. We use low recoil competition target ammunition.
All of our days begin with a firearm safety instruction briefing and then a basic practical demonstration on how to hold a firearm and shoot some relatively easy clay targets. As the day progresses, more difficult shots are introduced. With a team of Olympic, Commonwealth, or National elite instructors assisting you, you will be provided with top class instruction.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page!
See What Our Guests Are Saying
We all really enjoyed our shoot with lots of laughs while feeling safe in a controlled environment. Our group did the “Have a go” package with a few of us looking into taking up the hobby after our shoot. The day exceeded our expectations & highly recommended it.
Great day out. Very professional and safety orientated yet friendly and fun instructors. Everyone felt welcome and were given ample time to get comfortable handling shotguns. Instructors did a great job instructing/correcting individual mistakes toward reaching a better score. Definitely a friendly place to go shooting and have a great time!!
Russell was an excellent instructor, taking his time to teach us the details of this extremely fun sport. 5 nervous people went into the session, and 5 people left wanting to apply for a gun license.
10/10 would recommend to anyone and everyone.
You May Also Like...
Clay Pigeon Shooting
Get Your Adrenaline Pumping With Clay Pigeon Shooting
Are you thinking of new ways to enjoy a day out with friends? Try something different with clay pigeon shooting. Clay target shooting is ideal if you’re looking for a safe way to blow off some steam and get your adrenaline pumping.
There are also many other benefits to clay pigeon shooting that you may not have known before. Consider booking a clay shooting session as soon as possible.
The Benefits of Clay Pigeon Shooting
Clay target shooting isn’t simply beneficial for a unique fun day out. There are other proven benefits too. Here are just some of them:
- Clay shooting isn’t just a fun way to blow off steam. It has incredibly beneficial physical benefits to it, of which you may not have been previously aware. The strengthening of muscles is a major factor in the physical benefits. You may already know that clay shooting requires a steady arm and firm grip, but did you know that while you’re aiming and shooting, you’re getting a workout? Your hands, shoulders and arms get a workout as well as your full body when you stand still to counteract the force of the shot.
- Mentally, there are also some undeniable benefits to it. Due to the nature of clay shooting, concentration is a large component of the activity. Naturally, your concentration increases with regular shooting, and this can greatly benefit your mental sharpness. Your ability to focus for longer periods will increase, since you have to line the shot up first. Other related mental benefits include a break from mental traffic, which can bring on stress and anxiety.
- Shooting is a surprisingly social activity too. You can spend quality time with loved ones, or even make some new friends along the way if you choose to go alone. You can increase your confidence and self-esteem.
What Sets Go Shooting Apart Regarding Clay Target Shooting?
With us, you can look forward to the following services:
- We offer various packages that suit whatever you’re looking to experience with target shooting—these range from packages for beginners to packages for the more advanced shooter.
- There are also packages designed for children since it is safe for kids of all ages to shoot too. We offer safe shooting under the watchful eye of our experienced professionals.
- You can get private coaching if you want to sharpen up your skills one-on-one. The packages vary depending on how many ammunition rounds needed and other factors.
About Go Shooting
Formed in 1999 by Olympic Gold Medallist Russell Mark and triple-Commonwealth Games Gold Medallist Lauryn Mark, Go Shooting offers a memorable experience for all looking to get into the world of clay shooting. You can look forward to shooting packages for all ages and levels of experience. There are also options for corporate groups and bucks and hens parties too. Please email us or give us a call to find out more about the services and packages we offer.