I attended this activity as a team-building event that was held as part of our management summit. I wasn’t looking forward to it as I didn’t think I would like it. Turns out I had a great time and the staff are really friendly and great with people who have no idea what they are doing. Managed to hit some clay targets too!
Whole Range to Yourself
Expert Instructor Included
30 Clay Targets
Ideal for Groups of 4+
All Experience Levels Welcome
Pick the Day, Time, & Place
Your private clay target shooting session will begin with a full safety introduction, followed by a 10-target practice session to get you used to the equipment and learn the basic skills of clay pigeon shooting. Then, you’ll commence a fun, 20-target competition where you’ll get the chance to shoot a large variety of targets – both singles and doubles. We’ll provide prizes and if you shoot 20 out of 20, you can come back for free and take out the top spot on our Leaderboard! Check out our optional extras below to add any food, drinks, or transport to the package.
Price - Werribee & Brisbane
From $109 per person
- 1-2 people: $495 per group
- 3-4 people: $209 per person
- 5-6 people: $199 per person
- 7-8 people: $175 per person
- 9-10 people: $169 per person
- 11-14 people: $165 per person
- 15-24 people: $155 per person
- 25-50 people: $139 per person
- 50-80 people: $109 per person
Price - Melbourne Gun Club
- 1-10 people: $2,105 per group
- 11-14 people: $189 per person
- 15-24 people: $169 per person
- 25-50 people: $139 per person
- 50-80 people: $109 per person
- Weekdays: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Weekends: set times of 9 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM, or 2:30 PM
- Weekdays: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Saturdays: set times of 10 AM or 1 PM
- Note: this venue isn’t available on the 3rd week of each month
- Thursdays: 10 AM – 5 PM
- Fridays: 12 PM – 5 PM
- Saturdays: set times of 9 AM, 12 PM, or 2:30 PM
- First Sunday each month: set times of 9 AM, 12 PM, or 2:30 PM
1–3 hours (depending on group size)
1–80 persons (larger group sizes can be organised on request)
- Ages 12+
- No experience required
- No firearms license required
- All equipment, ammunition, targets, and safety gear
- Full safety briefing
- Instructor with one-on-one tuition just for your group
- Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Awards for best lady and team can also be arranged on request
Any optional extras such as transport and catering, which come at an additional cost. Find full pricing details and options below.
What to bring
- Please wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes
- Strictly no singlets, camouflage gear, or thongs
- This is an outdoor activity so please ensure you dress weather appropriate
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat are also recommended
- If you wear corrective lenses for distance please bring them
Expert tuition from an experienced shooter & coach.
Bar tabs can be arranged in advance or on they day. To be consumed after the shooting activity. NO alcohol can be consumed prior to or during the shooting activity. Bar tabs with alternative alcohol options can also be arranged upon enquiry.
Bus transportation to and from the venue.
If you or your group is looking to shoot more, you can add one of the following options to your package:
- Enhance your skills of clay target shooting with an additional 10 target warm¬up session
- Add 10 targets to the competition to make it a 30-target event
- Add five more doubles (two targets at once)
- Allow an additional 30 minutes to get through the additional shooting
Russell Mark, Olympic Gold Medallist, can provide a humorous speech that will motivate and entertain you.
- Time Required: Allow an additional 30 minutes or if you’re booking catering, then it will be done during lunch/dinner.
- Please note: This is a special price that is only valid when booked in conjunction with a clay target shooting event.
We enforce a strict ZERO BLOOD ALCOHOL & DRUG policy. No alcohol or drugs are to be consumed before or during the activity. Any suspicion of any consumption of alcohol will result in the participant not being able to handle a firearm. At most venues, bar facilities are available after the activity.
We will do our best to ensure that the day is enjoyable regardless of the weather. If it is pouring rain or there is lightning we will take a break until the harsh weather passes. Otherwise, we encourage you to wear weather-appropriate clothing to ensure you feel as comfortable as possible during your experience.
Comfortable clothing that is weather appropriate. It is advisable to wear flat, closed-toe shoes. No singlets, thongs, or camouflage clothing can be worn. If you wear corrective lenses for distance, it is beneficial to use them during the activity. We recommend you bring a hat and sunglasses. Jackets with big collars are discouraged as they make mounting the shotgun into the shoulder difficult.
All shooting is undertaken within the confines of an un-inhibiting safety cage. All firearms are loaded and unloaded by a qualified instructor. There has never been an accident at any of our events. All safety equipment such as safety glasses and ear protection is provided.
Being the original clay target shooting events company in Australia, we have a vast amount of expertise. We pride ourselves on providing a Gold Medal experience. One of the many ways that we do that is through the target presentation. For example, at our Werribee range, we shoot over 11 different traps at 6 different stands, which provides a presentation suitable to all ability levels.
There is a minimum age limit of twelve years. Gender is no limitation. Females have on many occasions out-performed their male counterparts during the competition section of the activity.
No firearms licence is required. No previous shooting experience is needed although we do cater to all levels of ability. In some states, a temporary police firearms licence form will need to be filled before the activity. This may require you to show proof of ID (i.e. a Driver’s License).
All the firearms are current Beretta 12 Gauge shotguns. Beretta is widely recognised as the best firearm manufacturer in the world. Some of the guns used during the events are the actual firearms used by Russell and Lauryn in their Olympic and Commonwealth Games competitions. Their value ranges from $3,000 to $35,000 per shotgun. We use low recoil competition target ammunition.
All of our days begin with a firearm safety instruction briefing and then a basic practical demonstration on how to hold a firearm and shoot some relatively easy clay targets. As the day progresses, more difficult shots are introduced. With a team of Olympic, Commonwealth, or National elite instructors assisting you, you will be provided with top class instruction.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page!
See What Our Guests Are Saying
Was part of the bucks party experience and I can honestly say that everyone had a great time. Lauryn and Russell were fantastic in every way. Super friendly and hospitable people with a touch of cheekiness made it a great day. Great tuition as well from people who know what they are doing.
Highly recommend clay shooting if you haven’t tried it. Plenty of fun! I organised a corporate event through Lauryn Mark and my customers thoroughly enjoyed it.
I went to the Queensland branch for a bucks a few days ago and the entire experience was amazing!!! We had a great instructor helping us all along and all the staff were friendly and welcoming. As a group we went from not being able to hit a single shot to hitting fairly consistently towards the end of the session!!
You May Also Like...
Birthday Party Ideas Melbourne
Looking for Some Epic Birthday Party Ideas Melbourne side? Look No Further!
It’s easy to get tired of the same old routine when it comes to parties. A typical surprise party at home or a day at the local pool loses its excitement as the years go on. If you find yourself stuck in a party rut, it may be time to look for some fresh new birthday party ideas within Melbourne.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Birthday Party Ideas in Melbourne
Various things can do wrong when it comes to planning parties. When you’re looking for new birthday party ideas Melbourne side, you can sometimes fall short in the following ways:
- You may plan a party outdoors, but what people often don’t consider are the activities that will keep the guests busy. If you have nothing planned, the party may be uneventful or end earlier than you would have hoped due to lack of entertainment. Group activities in Melbourne are the way to go to keep everyone entertained and happy.
- We may think ahead and plan activities for the day. However, we sometimes don’t consider the children. Often, kids are accidentally left out of the festivities when entertainment or activities are not designed for children. Ideally, there should be group activities in Melbourne that see people of all ages able to participate.
- Another big mistake people may make when planning birthday parties is the day on which they choose to celebrate. You should always ensure that the date you plan your party on doesn’t fall under a national holiday or event. You don’t want your guests to have to choose between the two if they usually spend the holiday with loved ones.
The Benefits of Go Shooting
We address the above common pitfalls that you as the party planner may experience in various ways when it comes to birthday party ideas in Melbourne:
- Our shooting packages can be done in more intimate or larger groups, catering for all types of parties and celebrations. There are certain specific locations where these clay shooting sessions take place, so you don’t have to worry about finding a venue yourself, either. These clay shooting sessions make for some ideal group activities in Melbourne.
- Are you looking to keep the kids busy too? Go Shooting offers packages for kids to ensure all party-goers can enjoy themselves, including the younger ones. These are done safely and under the watchful eye of professionals.
- If you haven’t gone shooting before, that’s not an issue either. There is a wide range of packages suited to all kinds of shooters, from beginners to more experienced ones. You can have fun no matter what your prior shooting experience or knowledge is.
About Go Shooting
Go Shooting was founded in 1999 by Olympic Gold Medallist Russell Mark and triple-Commonwealth Games Gold Medallist Lauryn Mark. We offer various clay shooting packages to cater to all types of people looking to have some clay shooting fun. There is something for everyone ranging from intimate and larger group packages to corporate groups and bucks and hens parties. Give us a call or email us for more information on how you can take your birthday party ideas in Melbourne from great to unforgettable.